Migration News Sheet (MNS) takes data protection seriously. In order to provide you with all necessary information to decide whether or not you want to continue using our services, this privacy statement describes the personal data we collect and how we use it.
Why we collect information
We primarily collect data to improve our services and your experience on the website. We for example track pages you visit on our website and how you interact with them in order to develop more relevant content. Read our cookies policy below for further information.
We also collect your data to be able to communicate with you. When you sign up for our newsletter or use our contact form, we store your email address so that we can notify you of new publications or answer your questions.
Information we collect
- Personal information you have knowingly provided us are stored on Mailchimp, an email marketing tool that tracks your interactions with the content of our emails. We will never make your data available to third parties; unless we are under a legal obligation to share them with governmental agencies. Note that a personal information is any information by which you may be personally identifiable, such as name and email address.
Data storage and location
The servers of our website are located in Amsterdam, Netherlands and include 24h advanced security monitoring with ongoing scanning and removal of Malware protection, DDoS Attack protection and mitigation. We only store your data for as long as we need it. For instance, we only store our last 10 locations (and delete all previous locations).
Contacting us about your personally identifiable information
If you have submitted personally identifiable information ((name and email address) through our website, you have the right to ask for a copy, edit or delete your information from our database. You can click the unsubscribe, may you decide to stop receiving our updates or update your preferences may you need to modify your personal data. Both options are available at the bottom of all of our newsletters.
In addition, you can directly contact us for any questions, requests or comments through our contact form.
Links to Other Websites
What are cookies
Cookies are small pieces of data sent by websites to your computer or mobile phone. They are stored in the web browser (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Safari) to smoothly process your visit. They do so by saving your browsing preferences and responding appropriately on your next visit to the web site.
Cookies used on this website
- Sessions Cookies follow your journey through the website, but do not identify you personally. Without these cookies, every page you visited would treat you as a completely new visitor.
- Performance cookies collect anonymous data that show how well our website is performing. We use Google Analytics to gain insights on how visitors use the site and how we can improve their browsing experience. Google Analytics collects information such as IP addresses and visitor behaviour (frequency of visits, viewed page, etc).
- Geo-targeting cookies try to work out what country you are in from the information supplied by your browser when you click on a web page. This cookie is completely anonymous, and we only use it to help target our content.
- Social sharing cookies are contained in social buttons that allow our readers to share our content through social networks such as Facebook, Twitter and Google+. If you click on a social media button, most will also set a third-party cookie.
How to turn off cookies
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Chrome
- Cookie settings in Safari web
You can also set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie so that you can decide whether to accept it or not. If you choose to disable cookies, you may not be able to use all website services.
Need more information on cookies? Visit www.allaboutcookies.org